Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Ala King

Looking for a good leftover meal... look no further! This is delicious! 4 years ago, I would have never eaten something like this..I'm so picky that the white sauce look would have scared me! I've learned to trust Pete and I'm glad I tried this one! Pete went onto cooks.com and found a Chicken Ala King recipe. We doctored it a little to our liking, what an easy meal to make! We just enjoyed this for lunch and I came right on to share:)

2 cups of turkey, diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
White sauce
Parsley for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste

WHITE SAUCE:

Melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add 2 tablespoons flour. Stir gradually, add 1 1/2 cups milk. Stir and cook until medium consistency.
Add cream of mushroom soup to white sauce.

In separate pan, saute celery and shallots. Add to sauce. Add diced turkey. Serve over toast.

source: cooks.com


No comments:

Post a Comment