Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tomato Pasta Stoup


I got a ton of old Rachel Ray magazines from my Mom the other day, and I spent Sunday evening going through them all and pulling out recipes that I would want to try. When I saw this one, I knew it would be perfect for the daycare kids. Soups are really messy for the young ones so when I make Chicken Soup, I always add more rice so that it absorbs more of the liquid making it easier for the kids. Well this one was perfect for them!
 
You only need a few ingredients!

Mince up 1 cup each of celery, carrot and onion. In a large pot cook veggies in 2 tbsp of EVOO until tender.
Add 4 cups of vegetable broth and 1 15 oz. can of tomato puree; bring to boil. Add 2 cups of ditalini and cook to al dente; season with salt and pepper.
Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese!
 

1 comment: