Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chicken & Biscuit Bake

I was planning on making Lasagna tonight but this is my hubs new favorite meal! I got this from my Mother-in-law. She made this on Tuesday night and we all loved it. Pete requested it again, so I made it tonight! It is super easy, the key to making this meal fast is to already have cooked chicken! I had some in the fridge so it took me less then 20 minutes to put together! This will be in the menu rotation quite a bit :)
Chicken & Biscuit Bake
Source: Yummy Recipes
Ingredients:
3 cups of cooked, shredded chicken(I used 2 chicken breasts).
1 1/2 cups chicken broth or stock.
1/4 cup(half a stick) butter, melted.
2 cups Bisquick.
1 1/2 cups milk.
1 can cream of chicken soup.
1 1/2 cup of mixed veggies(allow to thaw for about 30 minutes before adding to recipe).
3 chicken bouillon cubes.
Pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Warm Chicken Stock in a small sauce pan and add bouillon cubes to dissolve. Keep warm until ready to use. Lightly Coat with non-stick spray a 9x13 casserole dish. Pour in melted butter. Layer the shredded chicken on butter. Sprinkle on the veggies.
In a small mixing bowl, combine milk and Bisquick. (It's OK if there are a few lumps remaining). Pour over chicken and veggies. DO NOT MIX!!! Sprinkle on a little black pepper if desired.
Combine the cream of chicken soup with the warmed stock in a small mixing bowl. Once blended, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer. Again DO NOT MIX!! Yes, it will look like a big soupy mess! I promise this is what it should look like and will turn out great! Bake for an hour or until casserole is set and the top is brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment